Post subject: Powergaming
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2006, 22:31 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Homeshard:
Drachenfels
Played Since:
The Second Age
This Page will be a guide as to how to powergame. first i wonna defend the hole concept of powergaming as it is ablolutly legal as long as you dont use any application not on the approved list.

Right, lets get started! this is a very quick and short guide to each of the skills.. but if in doubt head over to our forums and ask away in the skills/template forum.

- Powergaming (to train skills intensly, the easiest possible way)

Magery Skills
Get a hold of a magic wand (which is spellchanneling with mage weapon penalty on it) the wand will Tempoarily lower your magery skill with the amount that the wand say. the benifit of this is that the lower your skill is the lower circles you cast to gain, and hense the less mana you use. Use the stratics magery table to figure out what circle you should be casting, the success rate should be around 50 or less to gain as much as possible.

Taming
North of the Sacrifice Shrine in Ishlinar is a sweetspot for tamers that wonna gain, the forest in a valley has a dusin healers in it and quite a few great harts and hinds.. for lower level taming tame hinds for 60ish-GM tame harts, The trick is that when they are tamed, insted of releasing them say "all kill" and target one of the many healers, hart/hind dies and a new one spawns, simple as that.

Melee Skills, Archery, Wrestling, Anatomy, Tactics and Healing
Go to Jhelom pits there you will see many NPCs at low level hire an unarmed 6gp NPC, at i believe 60 change out with a 8gp Paladin (can be found just north of Delucia) and from 76ish to 120 find in the Jhelom pits a 7gp Armed NPC (wearing ringmail) make sure all the npc you use are Male, as females for some reason are weaker, which i think is sorta of a statement from OSIs behalf i wont comment. anywho. to get going on your bashing of this poor npc you chose, first have him guard you.. then have him attack you, then tell him to stop, and tell him to guard you again 3 times.. this way he wont hit on you and you can concentrate on hittin and healing him. Use UOAssist for healing, set up a hotkey for using the bandage and targeting the npc. very helpfull.

The Alternative: The golem works from around 85 in skill and gains as fast as npcs, the golem just requires a 100% poison weapon with no hit speciels, but if you need healing in your template i suggest the npc method.

Tailoring
Make various robes, cloaks and what ever else you need to make to get to the point where you can make oil cloths, cause thats when the fun starts, make a macro on uoassist that makes an oilcloth then use scissor on it, and it becomes a bandage (which is stackable) just load up with 2-3k cloth and run the macro for hours with no having to stop to empty backpack etc. you can gain on oil cloths to 106 however there is a bug so that you can not gm on oil cloths unless you have eaten a powerscroll.

More To Come!

Reply to topic
 [ 1 post ]